Valentines Day 2016: Take the Camera Tuesdays
I’m not really a great cook. I mean – I can follow a recipe, which makes me able to cook but not great at it. And really, I’m sure everyone would agree that when following a recipe… the simpler, the better! Pancakes are by far some of the easiest things to cook and the cream cheese frosting with this recipe isn’t bad either!
Of course I took some Valentines Day themed pictures, andddd pictures to make you want to make these pancakes TODAY. 🙂
Here’s the ingredients:
Cream Cheese Topping
- 4 oz (half of 8-oz package) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 cups Original Bisquick™ mix
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened baking cocoa
- 1 cup milk
- 1 to 1 1/2 teaspoons red food color
- 2 eggs
The pancakes are pretty standard – I halved the recipe to make 6 pancakes.
The topping is really good, a few tips:
- Allow the butter and cream cheese to really soften or else the topping looks a little chunky.
- Use a hand mixer to beat together the cream cheese, butter and milk until creamy then add in the powered sugar a little at a time (use a low setting for that part – I speak from experience).
- This recipe makes quite a bit of topping – I did only make 6 pancakes but it was a ton of topping. I layered it between each pancake with a dollop on top and still had a lot left over.
- If you’re interested – HERE is the original recipe 🙂
Hope everyone had a wonderful Valentines Day – if anyone tries the recipe out let me know if you liked it!